Retirement Plan Design for Small Employers:
A Year End CPE Session for CPAs
Hosted by Sean P. Riley, a retirement plan specialist with Eldridge Investment Advisors, the event features a presentation by Craig A. Garner, a Qualified Pension Actuary (QPA), and vice president of Stephen Eldridge & Co. on the retirement plan design for small employers. CPAs can learn how to help business owner clients maximize tax deductions and personal contributions while minimizing over-all expenses to the company.
The comprehensive session will include:
- Case Studies - Review of actual case design and implementation strategies.
- The Small Company Disadvantage - Statistics of pension coverage in small vs. large companies.
- Definitions of Retirement Plan Terms - Payroll deduction IRA, SEP, Simple IRA, 401(k) including Safe Harbor, Profit Sharing, Money Purchase & Defined Benefit Plans.
- Compensation and Earned Income Issues
- Vesting Schedules and Options - Analysis of scheduling options including cliff vs. graded.
- Nondiscrimination Rules - Covering 401 (k) plans, matching contributions and profit sharing.
- Reporting and Disclosure - Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and PBGC.
To reserve a space, please call 800-821-3812 ext. 340 or email Sean Riley.
About Eldridge Investment Advisors
Eldridge Investment Advisors, Inc., located in Manchester, NH, is an independent investment advisory firm focused on retirement plan and investment consulting for individuals, families, corporations and trusts throughout New England and beyond. With the added capability to provide retirement plan administration through its affiliated company Stephen Eldridge & Company, Inc., the firm is especially well-suited to meet the needs of the principals and key executives of privately held businesses.
Securities offered through LPL Financial. Member FINRA/SIPC.